Odisha Balaram yojana has been launched by the Odisha government to provide economic benefits to landless farmers. The decision to introduce Balaram Yojana was taken on 2 July 2020 in a high-level meeting chaired by Chief Secretary AK Tripathi. The landless farmers will be helped by the Odisha state government through this scheme. In the time of coronavirus infection, the state government has said to provide relief of Rs 1,040 crore to the landless farmers. Through this financial amount, work will be done to help those farmers who are also facing financial difficulties at the time of infection of coronavirus.
In the next 02 years, a target has been set to benefit 7 lakh, landless farmers, through this scheme. This loan amount will be used as social collateral for land-based farmers. In this article, we will discuss details about the scheme, eligibility criteria, important dates, and stages of application to avail the scheme.
Table of Contents
Odisha Balaram Yojana 2023
Odisha is working on a rural loan of Rs 1,040 crore by the state government to benefit the landless farmers. In the next two years, the state government will work to provide loans to about 7 lakh farmers. Through the Odisha Balaram Yojana, employment opportunities will be given to those farmers who are currently unemployed at the time of infection of coronavirus. Officers have been directed by Chief Secretary Asit Kumar Tripathi to give agricultural loans to landless farmland through Joint Liability meetings (JLG). The implementation and arrangement of the Balaram Yojana at the state level have been given by IMAGE. The Agricultural Technology Management Agency (ATMA) will make arrangements at the field level. Horticulture Secretary Saurabh Garg said that the landless will get credit through JLG.
Coordination of Balaram Yojana Odisha
IMAGE and Agricultural Technology Management Agencies (ATMA) will coordinate Balaram Yojana at the state and district levels. Over 7000 branches of various banks and primary agricultural cooperatives in rural and small cities will coordinate the implementation. These branches have been asked to provide loans to at least 10 JLGs this year, which will enable 70,000 groups to get agricultural loans under the new scheme. The scheme was prepared in collaboration with the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
Under this a maximum of 1.60 lakh loans will be provided to each JLG. In this, members will work to help in setting up farmer sati and agricultural staff groups and direct them to banks. As per the guidelines of the State Agricultural Rules, interest rate and subsidy will be fixed on the loan amount payable.
Overview of Odisha Balaram Yojana
|Scheme Name||Odisha Balaram Yojana 2023|
|Launched By||By Odisha government|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers of State|
|Objective||Loan arrangement for farmers|
|Category||Odisha Govt. Schemes|
Objective of Odisha Balaram Yojana
The objective of the Odisha Balaram Scheme is to provide loan assistance of up to Rs 1.6 lakh to each JLG of farmers at the time of the spread of the global pandemic Coronavirus.
Implementation Of the Scheme
- The Balaram scheme is structured as a team from the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
- The program will be realized at the field level by agricultural experts, there are about 7000 parts of various banks and PACS in the rural and semi-urban areas.
- Around 70,000 sabhas will be given Ranch advance under this scheme in which each sabha will consist of five landless rankers, who will get maximum credit of Rs 1.60 lakh.
- The Odisha State Government will focus on providing loans to 7 lakh farmers in the next 02 years.
- The Balram scheme will have a credit inflow of about Rs 1040 crore in real-level rural practices.
Benefits of Balaram Yojana
- Under this scheme, the Government of Odisha has targeted to provide loans to 7 Lakh farmers in the next 02 years.
- The Odisha Balaram Yojana is structured as a team from the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
- There are about 7000 shares of various banks and PACS in provincial and semi-urban areas for the benefit of farmers.
- The Institute of Management of Agriculture Extension (IMAGE) and the Agricultural Technology Management Agency (ATMA) will form individual nodal committees for the implementation of the scheme.
For applying in this scheme, you will have to fulfill the eligibility criteria given.
- The scheme can be availed only by the permanent residents of the state of Odisha.
- Only a farmer by profession can apply to avail the scheme.
- The landless farmers are being benefited by the Odisha government under this scheme.
- Aadhar Card
- identity card
- Residential certificate
Odisha Balaram Scheme Application Procedure
In the event of the above eligibility criteria being fulfilled, you can complete the application process by following the given steps.
- First of all, you have to visit the scheme’s official website. After this, the home page of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the “Apply Online” button.
- After this, a new page will open in front of you, on this page you will see the application form.
- You have to enter all the personal information in this application form and upload the possible documents.
- After checking the information, you entered, you click on the Submit button.
Odisha Balaram Yojana List
The scheme has been launched in collaboration with National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD). Under this program, the program will be implemented at the field level by the agricultural workers of the village. The Chief Secretary has also instructed officials to create a suitable institutional mechanism for coordination and monitoring at various levels. The official website of Balaram Yojana is going to open soon. You can complete the process of checking the beneficiary list from here.