Chief Minister Employment Generation Programme is basically a credit linked subsidy program for the generation of employment opportunities. These employment opportunities will be generated through the establishment of micro and small enterprises in rural as well as urban areas in the state. The project cost is limited to Rs. 50 Lakh for micro and small enterprises. This scheme will be implemented and monitored by the Directorate of Industry under the administrative control of the industries department.This article includes Objectives, Benefits & Features, Eligibility Criteria, Required Documents, Application Procedure under this Program etc.
Table of Contents
Chief Minister Employment Generation Programme
Chief Minister Employment Generation Programme is launched by the Government of Maharashtra which aims to provide the loan and loan subsidy at competitive rates(which is easily accessible and comparatively low rate of interest will be provided) to youths belonging to Scheduled Tribe(ST), Scheduled Caste(SC), Backward Class(BC), Minority and Disabled Category to start their self-enterprise and to promote self-employment. This financial assistance in terms of loan and loan subsidy strictly meant for promoting income generation activities through providing avenues for self-employment not for the consumption purpose.
Key Highlights of Chief Minister Employment Generation Programme
|Name of the Programme||Chief Minister Employment Generation Programme|
|Launched By||Government of Maharashtra|
|Beneficiary||Citizens of Maharashtra State|
|Objective||To provide employment|
Objectives of the Programme
Here we have provided some objectives under this Employment program which are as follows:
- The primary objective of the program is to establish 1 Lakh micro and small enterprises within the coming five years.
- Another objective of the program is to generate employment opportunities.
Benefits & Features of Employment Programme
Benefits and features under the employment program are as follows:
- This program is a Credit linked subsidy program for the generation of employment opportunities.
- These employment opportunities will be generated through the establishment of micro and small enterprises in rural and urban areas in the state.
- This scheme will be implemented and monitored by the directorate of industry under the administrative control of industries department, Government of Maharashtra.
- Subsidy will be provided which will route through the directorate of industries to the identified Bank.
- Through this scheme new self employment journey will set up.
- Applicants should be between the age of 18 to 45 years (For Special category age is relaxed by 5 years).
- The applicants should have a Domicile Certificateof Maharashtra.
- The educational qualification should be a minimum 7th standard pass for projects costing between Rupees 10 Lakh to 25 Lakh.
- Applicants should have at least passed 10th standard.
- Aadhar card
- School leaving Certificate/Domicile Certificate
- Educational qualification details
- Passport size photograph
- Undertaking form
- Project report
- Caste Certificate
- Special Category Certificate
- REDP/EDP/skill development Training Certificate
For non individual applicant following additional documents requires:
- Registration certificate
- Authorization letter/copy of bye laws authorizing secretary
Procedure to Apply under Chief Minister Employment Generation Programme
To apply under the employment program please follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the Official Website of CMEGP.
- On homepage click on the option “Online Application form for Individual”.
- Fill the required information asked on this page such as:
- Aadhar card number
- Name of applicant
- Sponsoring agency
- Type of applicant
- Special category
- Date of birth
- Educational qualification
- Village or city
- Pin code
- Mobile number
- Alternate contact number
- PAN card number
- Unit location
- Proposed unit details
- Type of activity
- Industry or activity name
- Product description
- Training details
- Training Institute name
- Project cost details
- Preferred bank details
- Alternate bank details
- Upload all the required documents and click on the option of “Save”, and then you can apply.