Kerala Free Laptop Scheme has been launched by the concerned authorities of Kerala. The state government will provide digital education to children belonging to poor families through the KSFE Vidyashree Laptop Scheme. The Kerala State Government has introduced several schemes keeping students in mind, under this Kerala Free Laptop Scheme 2020 has been started.
Through this scheme, laptops will be distributed to the students of the state for free. These laptops will be given to those students who get a good score in the 12th standard exam. Under this scheme, those children who are struggling and getting good marks in the examination will be benefited. Here in this article, we will provide you a step-by-step guide to the application of the Free Laptop Scheme.
Kerala Free Laptop Scheme 2020
This scheme is for the students of the Lower category who belong to Schedule Cast, Schedule Tribe & OBC catefory. Many students of the lower category are studying at home and are facing many problems, such as lack of technological advancement for studies. Due to this shortage, it is very difficult for students to study or simply say that it is impossible.
Students are facing many problems because they do not have a laptop computer or smartphone to continue their studies. The government has implemented this scheme to help such students and to solve their problems by providing a laptop. Under this, now students who get good marks in the examinations of 12 years will be given free laptops.
Objective of Kerala Free Laptop Scheme 2020
The main objective of this scheme is to promote the meritorious students of Scheduled Cast, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes. According to the Government of Kerala in the year 2021, about 311 crore rupees will be spent under this laptop scheme. The goal of this scheme is to benefit near 36000 college students who belong to SC, ST or OBC category.
If you have just cleared your class XII with good marks, you are still eligible to apply for this free laptop scheme. This scheme is very useful because right now, due to Corona period, the trend of studying at home is going on and it is necessary to have an electronic device for conducting online classes or giving online exams.
Free Laptop Scheme Kerala 2020 Highlights
|Scheme Name||Kerala Free Laptop Scheme 2020|
|Launched by||Kerala government|
|Beneficiaries||Student belonging to low caste|
Free Laptop Scheme Kerala 2020 Benefit
The Chief Minister of Kerala State has introduced this scheme for the students, who have passed their 12th board examination. This scheme is for the meritorious students among them who have passed the 12th board examination with good percentage and marks. Those brilliant students who are getting education in fields like clinical engineering can also take advantage of this scheme and apply for free laptops.
The Kerala Free Laptop Scheme 2020 will help students check in neatly with the help of virtual services. Laptop meritorious students can increase their digital knowledge through this scheme. In this way, this scheme is very beneficial for the students. It will also help in the educational and personal development of the meritorious students..
To apply under this scheme, it is necessary for the candidates to fulfil the eligibility criteria given below:
- The applying student should be a permanent and legal member of the state of Kerala.
- The applicant must belong a lower cast such as scheduled cast or scheduled tribes or other backward classes. Students of other casts cannot apply under this scheme.
- Candidate must have more than 80% marks in the academic.
- The family annual income of the applying person should not exceed 250000.
- Students should be studying in class 12th.
- Students doing medical or engineering can apply under the scheme.
To apply for the free laptop scheme, following documents are required:
- Aadhar Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Email ID
- Identity Card
- Marks Sheet of Previous Year
- Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photograph
- Residential Proof
Free Laptop Scheme 2020 Specifications
Specifications of laptops given under this Kerala Free Laptop Scheme are given below:
|Name of the Brand||HP|
|Size of the Screen||14 inch|
|Nam e of the System||ELCOT PC|
|Real MRP||25,000 INR|
|Processor||Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor|
|RAM||2 GB DD R3 SD RAM|
|Speed||1066 MHz Speed|
|Inbuilt Software||Microsoft Office, ADOBE and TN Schemes|
|ROM/ Hard Disk||Minimum 160 GB to Maximum 320 GB|
Kerala Free Laptop Scheme 2020 Application Procedure
The application procedure of Kerala Free Laptop Scheme is as follows:
- First of all, visit the official website of the free laptop scheme. The redirected page of the registration link for the free laptop scheme homepage will open on your screen.
- An application page will open your screen, enter the credentials and login.
- After login the registration page will be shown on your screen.
- Fill all the information; upload all your supporting documents. Choose your school or college.
- Finally, Finally, after checking the information you entered, click on the “Submit” button.
Online Registration Form of Kerala Laptop Scheme 2020
- First, go to the official website of the scheme. After this, the homepage of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, you will see the online application form. You have to fill the details like your name, father’s name, and mother’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email id, and address of correspondence in this application form.
- Along with this, you should upload the necessary documents like Aadhaar card details and income certificate in the designated place.
- Finally, upload your passport socks photo and submit the form.
We hope that you will definitely find information related to Kerala Free Laptop scheme beneficial. In this article, we have tried to answer all the questions you ask.
If you still have questions related to this then you can ask us through comments. In addition, you can also bookmark our website.
What is the purpose of starting Kerala Laptop Scheme 2020?
The introduction of Kerala’s Free Laptop Scheme aims to provide laptops to students for free. The scheme will help students in 12th and other vocational courses like engineering and medicine.
How many students will benefit under the Kerala Free Laptop Scheme?
About 36000 students will be given the benefit of this scheme of the Government of Kerala.
What are the eligibility criteria for Kerala Free Laptop Scheme?
The main objective of this scheme is to distribute laptops to SC / ST and OBC students free of cost.