Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana application procedure, implementation, available incentive and other benefits that will be provided to the beneficiaries will be discussed with you in this article. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has launched Rs 20,000 crore schemes under the “Aatm Nirbhar Bharta Yojana” at the time of infection of coronavirus.
Here we will share with you important specifications related to the scheme such as implementation process, incentives available and all other benefits that will be made to the beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampradaya Yojana. Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana has been started by the Central Government under a relief package of Rs 20,000 crore.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
A Rs 20,000 crore scheme has been launched by Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman for the development of the entire fishery community in India. The plan emphasizes the development of food preparation portion in the nation as well as the improvement of fish formation and efficiency through the development, elevation, widening, and beneficial use of land and water.
Overview of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)|
|Launched By||Indian Government|
|Registration Process||Updates Soon|
|Objective||Improving fishing channels and supporting fisherman|
|Category||Central Govt. Scheme|
Features of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana will revolutionize the fisheries sector. It will invigorate it with the latest technology, infrastructure and ensure financial assistance. Our hardworking fishermen will gain immensely. The main objective of this scheme is to promote horticulture, handle and destroy agricultural waste and expand capacity in fisheries sector.
The administration proposed the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) to create a powerful fishery board structure and check holes in the value chain. Government has clarified that ‘Blue Revolution’ or ‘Neeli Kranti’ can possibly achieve the primary spot on the planet in fish creation. It incorporates MoFPI’s plans, for example, food parks, food safety and infrastructure.
Implementation of the Scheme
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman reported a plan of Rs 20,000 crore under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana. This is to address the infrastructure holes for the fisheries sector. The treatment of around 334 lakh MT agro-produce esteeming Rs 1 lakh 4 thousand 125 crores.
With this, about 2 million rankers will benefit from fisheries and will produce around 5 lakh 30 thousand instant or backhand work in the nation in 2019-2020. Of this, Rs 11,000 crore will be spent on marine, inland fisheries, and aquaculture. In any case, Rs 9000 crore will be used to assemble the foundation, such as angling harbor and cold chain.
Objective Of The Scheme
The objective of Matsya Sampada Yojana is given in the following list: –
- The plan would serve to improve the current profile of the chain from wrench entryway to retail outlet.
- Through PMMSY, the development of the food preparation sector in the nation will be expanded and GDP, employment, and enterprise will be created.
- This scheme will help in reducing huge wastage of horticultural items and will help Ranchers to get better costs and double their salaries.
- Will play an important role in ascertaining the potential of fisheries in an economical, efficient, comprehensive, and harmonious manner.
- Modernization and Strengthening of Fish Building and Efficiency Improvement Chain through Land and Water Development, Elevation, Widening and Beneficial Use – Executives and Quality Improvement
- The earning and working-age of fishermen and fishermen is increasing
- Improvement in agricultural GVA and commitment to fares
- Social, physical and financial security for fishermen and fishermen
- Active Fisheries Management and Administrative Structure
Beneficiaries of PMMSY
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has launched Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) with an aim to increase fishermen’s income. Every fisherman in the country has the right to apply to this scheme.
- Fish farmers
- Fish worker
- Fish sellers
- SC / ST / Female / differently-abled person
- Fisheries Cooperative Societies / Associations
- Fisheries Development Corporation
- Self Help Group (SHG) / Joint Liability Group (JLG)
- individual entrepreneur.
Impect of PMSSY on fisheries
This scheme will have the following impact on the entire fisheries community in India: –
- This scheme will help to increase fish production from 137.58 lakh metric ton (2018-19) to 220 lakh metric tons by 2024.
- The scheme will maintain an average annual growth of about 9% in fish production.
- This scheme will help to increase the contribution of agricultural GVA in the agriculture sector from 7.28% in 2018-19 to around 9% by 2024-25.
- The plan will be available by 2024-25 for Rs. Will double export earnings from Rs 4,689 crore (2018-19) to around Rs 1,00,000 crore.
- The scheme will improve productivity in aquaculture from the current national average of 3 tonnes to around 5 tonnes per hectare.
- Post-harvest crop loss will be reported from 20-25% to about 10%.
- This scheme will help to increase the consumption of domestic fish from 5-6 kg to about 12 kg per person.
- The scheme will create around 55 lakh direct and indirect employment opportunities in the fisheries sector along the supply and value chain.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Registration Procedure
No specific registration process has been announced by the Government of India for registration in this scheme. We will update it in our website after sharing the details of the process of the application in relation to this scheme.s
We hope that you will definitely find information related to Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) beneficial. In this article, we have tried to answer all the questions you ask.
If you still have questions related to this then you can ask us through comments. In addition, you can also bookmark our website.