The Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme was launched by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami on 27 February (Wednesday). Under this scheme, the Palaniswami government will distribute free laptops to cooperative and college students in the state. The scheme was started by the Chief Minister with laptop distribution to seven students.
Cooperative and aided college students are being given the benefit of the Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme for their bright future. Under this scheme, free laptops will be distributed to a total of 15.18 lakh students this year. The total value of laptops available under the TN Free Laptop Scheme is Rs. 1,340.44.
The Government of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami has launched the Free Laptop Scheme on the lines of the Government of Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal. The free laptop scheme was first introduced in the year 2011 by Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa. So far 37, 88,528 students have received laptops at an outlay of Rs.5,552.39 crore.
Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme 2020
Tamil Nadu government is providing free laptops to the regional government and aided college students for their bright future through the Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme. Giving information regarding this, a senior official of the Tamil Nadu Electronics Corporation (ELCOT) said that the government is planning to distribute laptops to 1.5 million students.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami himself has issued a statement in this regard and said that 15 lakh laptops will be distributed. So far, the state government has procured and supplied 32,35,894 laptops in five phases. All laptops have been procured and bid through tender. The possibility of distribution of laptops is expected soon in the year 2020 as well.
Overview of TN Free Laptop Scheme 2020
|Scheme Name||TN Free Laptop Scheme|
|Launched By||CM K. Palaniswami|
|Beneficiaries||10th or 12th Student|
|Organization Name||Tamil Nadu Government|
|Benefits||Contribution of students to higher education|
|Category||Tamil Nadu Govt Schemes|
Features of Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme
The major benefits of the free laptop scheme launched by the Tamil Nadu government for students are as follows.
- This scheme will help students to get computer education and move ahead with modern technology.
- All students receiving laptops will be able to study well through laptops for further higher education.
- Through the laptop, students will get to know about the world of the Internet and its various applications. He will be able to book railway tickets online, air tickets.
- The scheme will also play an important role in helping students in their professional fields. Through this, he will be able to know about the computer world in detail.
Specification of Laptop under TN Free Laptop Scheme
|Laptop Brand Name||HP|
|Screen Size||14-inch Screen|
|System Name||ELCOT PC|
|System Type||X 86|
|Market Price||25,0000 RS|
|Warranty of Laptop||1 Year|
|Processor Name||Intel Pentium Dual Core|
|System Manufacture||AMD Processor|
|RAM||2 GB DD R3 SD RAM at 1066 MHz Speed|
|Pre-Installed Software||Microsoft Office, ADOBE, TN Schemes|
|Hard Disk||160 GB Minimum – 320 GB Maximum|
To take advantage of the free scheme launched by the Tamil Nadu government for students, you will have to fulfil certain eligibility criteria. Here we are providing information about some of the major eligibility criteria.
- Only students permanently resident of Tamil Nadu can avail of this free laptop distribution scheme.
- Students of all government and aided schools will be able to avail of the free laptop distribution scheme of the state government.
- The student can avail of the benefit of this scheme which has passed the examination of 10th / 12th from a government or aided school.
- In this scheme, applicants of scheduled castes and scheduled tribes will be given the benefit of reservation in the process of distribution.
This scheme has been started for the bright future of the students who have passed the 10th or 12th standard from the school. Students will need the following documents for application in this scheme.
- Aadhar Card
- School id
- Family income certificate
- caste certificate
- Government or Aided College Information
Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme Online Registration Procedure
All those students who meet the above eligibility criteria can register online through the given steps.
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of ERP Software Solution Government of Tamil Nadu.
- You will see the login page on the homepage of the website. Here you have to enter all the information asked.
- Applicants can log in to the website by entering their name, password, and captcha code. After this, a registration form will open in front of you.
- In this registration form, you have to provide all the necessary information. Here students will be asked their roll number, class and other details.
- Now in the last stage, the students have to click on submit after checking the information entered in the registration form.
In this way, your registration for Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme will be completed.
In case of successful registration of the Free Laptop Scheme, your name will be published in the beneficiary list. This beneficiary list will be released district-wise.
We hope that you will definitely find information related to Free Laptop Scheme beneficial. In this article, we have tried to answer all the questions you ask.
If you still have questions related to this article then you can ask us through comments. In addition, you can also bookmark our website.