TN Smart Ration Card, TNPDS Smart Ration Card Status & Application status information will be provided to you in this article. India is moving fast towards complete digitization, in this episode, the Tamil Nadu government has started the digitization of ration cards. Online application of ration card has been arranged through the Public Distribution System Portal (TNPDS). Here in this article we will share with you step by step process of application of TNPDS Smart Ration Card.
With the help of the TNPDS portal, one can easily apply for an online digital ration card sitting at home without visiting any departmental office. For this, we will provide you a direct link. TNPDS smart cards are being issued by the state government under the PDS system. Along with this, the process of converting the old ration card to the new ration card is being worked out which will bring transparency in the ration card allocation.
Types of Ration Cards issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu
Currently, under the TNPDS system in Tamil Nadu, there are four types of ration cards according to the economic status and category of the families.
- A light green card is issued for rice and other items from the state fair price shop.
- White card (white card) is issued to get 3 kg sugar in excess of the prescribed quota.
- Those who do not have the right to take any commodity from ration shops are not issued any commodity card.
- Khaki cards are issued for police personnel up to the rank of inspector or inspectors in the police.
Important Links to Track TNPDS Ration Card Tamil Nadu
|TN Smart Ration Card Online Registration||Apply Here|
|TN Smart Ration card status||Check Here|
|Send Feedback/complain||Send Here|
|Corrections of Details (Name, Age, etc.,) in smart ration card||Click Here|
|Status of Request||Click Here|
|Add Member in card||Click Here|
|Change Sugar Card to Rice Card||Click Here|
|Change of Address in card||Click Here|
|Family Head Member Change||Click Here|
|Remove Family Member from the ration card||Click Here|
|Card Surrender / Cancellation for ration card||Click Here|
|Card Related Service Request Status||Click Here|
Objective of Tamil Nadu Digital Ration Card
The introduction of a digital ration card facility by the Government of Tamil Nadu will get the following benefits.
- Now all the processes have been made online so that the cost of the paper will be reduced.
- The information of all residents will be authenticated thereby preventing the implementation of fraudulent practices.
- Transparency will come through Smart Ration Card.
- Printing and distribution costs of ration cards will be prevented.
- Now all the residents have to apply for a ration card in online mode itself, which will save both time and money.
Highlights of TNPDS TN Public Distribution System Portal
|Name||TNPDS Smart Ration Card|
|State Name||State Government|
|Launched By||Public distribution system|
|Beneficiary||People of State|
|Category||Tamil Nadu Govt. Scheme|
With the help of the Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System portal, you need the following documents for the application of digital ration card: –
- Aadhar Card
- Income certificate
- Electricity bill
- Pan Card
- Bank passbook
- Caste / Category certificate
- Hall Size Photography Pass
TNPDS Ration Card Application Process
To apply for a digital ration card in online mode, you have to follow the easy steps given below.
- First, visit the official website of TNPDS at https://www.tnpds.gov.in/
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the “Smart Ration Card Application” option.
- Click on the “Register Yourself” option given here and register yourself on the website.
- Now login to the website by entering the login ID and password. An application form will open in front of you.
- Upload all the required documents by entering all the necessary information in the application form.
- Fill in the affidavit, filling in the form details and other information of all the family members.
Click on “submit”. You will receive a registration number. Keep it safe for future use.
TNPDS Ration Card Offline Application By Fair Price Shop
If you are not able to apply for a ration card from online mode then you can also apply for Smart Ration Card from the government fair rate shop.
- First of all, you have to go to your nearest FPS Shop / State Fair Price Shop.
- Here you have to get the application form. You can also download the application form online.
- Fill all the information asked in the application form and upload the necessary documents.
- You have to submit this application form to the concerned department. You will be given a reference number with the help of which you can check the status of the application.
You are requested to keep this reference number safe with you for future use.
TN Smart Ration Card Mobile App
You can also complete all the processes related to the application given in this article through the mobile app. The procedure for installing TNPDS Mobile App and other information is as follows.
- First, visit the Google Play Store
- Type TNPDS in the search box and enter
- You will see some results. Click on the first result and install the app.
Along with this, you can also download the app by clicking on the given link.
For Android users
For IOS users
Check the Status of TNPDS Smart Ration Card
To check the status of the Tamil Nadu Smart Ration Card application, you have to follow the easy steps given.
- First, visit www.tnpds.gov.in/
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the “Status of Electronic Card Application” option.
- A new page will open in front of you. Here you have to enter your registration number and click on the “Submit / Record” button.
The status of your ration card application will appear on your computer and mobile screen.
Procedure for Filing Complaint in TNPDS Portal
To file any type of complaint on the Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System portal, you have to follow the easy steps given.
- First, visit www.tnpds.gov.in/
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the “Register Complaint” option.
- A new page will open in front of you. Here you have to enter the following information.
- Mobile no.
- Description of the complaint
- After checking the complaint filed by you, click on “Submit”.
In this way, the complaint will be filed in online mode on your public distribution system portal.
Public Distribution System (TNPDS) SMS Service
In Tamil Nadu, SMS service is provided for three services through Public Distribution System (TNPDS). You can know the status of the ration shop (open/closed), availability of food items through SMS through your mobile phone. Along with this, you can also file a billing-related complaint. The details of the codes for availing SMS service are as follows.
PDS <space> 102- availability of commodity at the ration shop
PDS <space> 101- status of ration shop (open/close)
PDS <space> 101- complaints about billing
We hope that you will definitely find information related to TNPDS TN Smart Ration Card beneficial. In this article, we have tried to answer all the questions you ask.
If you still have questions related to the ration card then you can ask us through comments. In addition, you can also bookmark our website.