Social Justice Department, Government of Kerela is inviting online applications for Kerala Transgender Scholarship Scheme. This scholarship is primarily meant for transgender students studying in 7thstandard in any of the Govt. / Govt aided/ Self Financing schools situated in Kerala.
The implementation of the Transgender Scholarship Scheme is also approved by the state cabinet committee. As per the guidelines of the Kerala Transgender Students Scholarship Scheme 2020, each transgender student will get financial aid from Rs 1,000 to Rs 2,000 per month. The transgender students studying in class 7 or above will get benefit from this scholarship scheme till their professional courses.
Kerala Transgender Scholarship Scheme Details
The main objective of the Kerala Transgender Scholarship Scheme is to bring the marginalized Transgender communities to the mainstream of society. Interested candidates can fill the form through the official website of the Social Justice Department, Government of Kerela. Read below to know everything about this scholarship scheme like eligibility criteria, application process e.t.c
Highlights of Kerala Transgender Scholarship Scheme
|Name of the Scholarship||Kerala Transgender Scholarship|
|Department||Social Justice Department|
|Eligibility||Class 7 or above|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Transgender applicants before filling up the Kerala Transgender Scholarship application form, candidates need to check the following eligibility criteria. After fulfilling all the eligibility criteria students can proceed further:
- Candidate needs to submit self-declaration Affidavit stating that the applicant is Transgender.
- Remember that the Income limit does not apply to them.
- Applicants have to forward duly filled application form through Head of Educational Institutions, which then has to be submitted to the concerned District Social Justice Officers.
- The Scholarship Scheme for Transgender Students will be implemented in the Kerala state only as clearly mentioned in government order.
Kerala Transgender Scholarship Scheme Application Procedure
After checking your eligibility criteria you can proceed further by filling up your application form in the online mode. Read below to know the complete step by step procedure of filling up the application form:
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of the Social Justice Department, Government of Kerala After this, the homepage of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, click on the “Schemes” option present in the main menu.
- After clicking on the above link, a new page will open on your screen. Here you need to click on the 4th link i.e. “Scholarship for Transgender Students” present in the list of Schemes.
- Again a new page will open on your screen. Scroll down and go to the “Documents” section. Now click at the “Application Forms – TG Scholarship Application Form” link.
- After clicking on the link, the Kerala Transgender Students Scholarship Scheme application form PDF will open on the screen.
- Interested candidates need to download this Transgender Scholarship Scheme form in PDF format. After downloading this form, applicants need to enter important details correctly and submit it to the concerned authorities.
- The candidates need to submit the duly filled applications along with supporting documents to the concerned District Social Justice Officers. Upon subsequent verification of filled in application form along with documents, the concerned officer will approve the form and then Transgender Students will start receiving benefits of this scholarship.
- Note: While applying for Kerala Transgender Scholarship Scheme,the applicants must super scribe the envelope “Application for Scholarship”. The applicant need to write down name, complete contact address including native district. Also, the Application forms have to be filled completely else it will be rejected. Moreover, the Applicants have to mention their full names in the application along with their school name, conduct etc.
Assistance under Kerala Transgender Scholarship Scheme
The financial support provided to Transgender students under Kerala Transgender Scholarship Scheme varies according to the level of class. Read below to know the amount of scholarship students can enjoy under this scholarship.
|7th to 10th Class||INR Rs. 1000/- per month for 10 months|
|11th to 12th Class||INR Rs. 1500/- per month for 10 months|
|Higher Education (Diploma, Degree, Post-Graduation, Professional courses)||INR Rs. 2000/- per month for 10 months|
Also Read – Subhiksha Keralam Farmer Registration & Login
We hope that you will definitely find information related to Kerala Transgender Scholarship Scheme beneficial. In this article, we have tried to answer all the questions you ask.
If you still have questions related to this then you can ask us through comments. In addition, you can also bookmark our website.
What is the official website of Kerala Transgender Scholarship Scheme?
The official website of Kerala Transgender Scholarship Scheme is http://sjd.kerala.gov.in/
Is offline mode available for Kerala Transgender Scholarship Scheme?
No, eligible candidates can fill up the application form in online mode through official website ofSocial Justice Department, Government of Kerela.
Can a 6th class TG student apply for this scholarship scheme?
No, only TG students in class7 or above can apply for this scholarship scheme.
What is the scholarship amount received by the TG students under Kerala Transgender Scholarship Scheme?
The scholarship amount received by TG students varies as per the class/ course.