Tamil Nadu Government Two Wheeler Scheme, Amma Scooter Scheme Application Form, Download Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Sarkari Yojana Scooty & all other details will be given to you in this article. To raise the standard of living of women in the state of Tamil Nadu, the Tamil Nadu government has come up with the Amma Scooter Scheme 2023 for the development of women in its state.
Tamil Nadu government will provide two-wheelers to women working through this Amma Two Wheeler Scheme. The scheme was launched in the year 2018 and is providing two-wheelers to all women in the state of Tamil Nadu. Beneficiary women will not have to leave their work late, as they will now have their own two-wheelers.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme 2023
Amma will empower women working in the state of Tamil Nadu through the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme. In addition, it will enable them to visit their enterprises, places of employment, engagement, etc. for the purchase of women-friendly two-wheelers. The main motive for the implementation of the scheme is that the woman will pass due to easement.
Access to vehicles such as scooters or bicycles as per their wish, as well as special retro-fitted three-wheeler scooters will be made available for physically challenged women so that working women will no longer have to face any kind of hassle. Now any woman can go out to sell any product through her two-wheeler so that they can also do their business.
Benefits of Amma Scooter Scheme
According to the scheme, the concerned authorities have mentioned through the implementation of the Amma Scooter Scheme that one lakh working women will be benefited every year through this scheme. Also, the main benefit will be 50% of the cost of a two-wheeler or a maximum subsidy of Rs 25,000 , whichever is less, provided to the beneficiaries.
Also, through the implementation of this scheme, freedom will be provided to all women living in the state of Tamil Nadu. All women will no longer be afraid of taking the means of public transport late at night, they will come home with their own transport. Its advantage will be that the woman will not have to wait for any vehicle on the road till late at night.
Highlights of Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
|Scheme Name||Amma Two Wheeler Scheme|
|Launched By||Government of Tamil nadu|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of Tamil Nadu|
|Benefits||Vehicle facilities for women|
|Category||Tamil Nadu Govt. Schemes|
Specifications of The Vehicle
If you take any vehicle under the Amma two-wheeler scheme, the specification should match the following details-
- The maximum engine capacity should be 125cc.
- It is mandatory for the vehicle to be registered under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988.
- The vehicle will be manufactured after 01.01.2018 and 2 comply with the latest emission norms.
- Details of all vehicles provided as per this Amma Two Wheeler scheme will be collected/collected by the Project Director (PD) of the concerned district, Tamil Nadu State Rural Livelihoods Mission (TNSRLM).
- This statement is also mandatory to be shared with the Department of Transport, it will not allow the change in registration of ownership for sale or other reasons without prior permission of PD, TNSRLM for a period of 3 years.
Beneficiaries of Amma Scooter Scheme
- All those women who are traveling long distances.
- Women employed in establishments and shops.
- Those women are registered as workers in organized and unorganized sectors.
- All those women who earn as their primary source of income for their family.
- Women who are individually or collectively act as a group for livelihood wages or activity employment.
- All those women who are self-employed and are engaged in petty trades.
- Women who engage in daily wages, consolidated pay, contract employment, etc.
- ASHA would be effective for activists and banking correspondent/banking facility.
Reservation under Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
Some reservations are provided to women belonging to backward caste in the state of Tamil Nadu-
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||21%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||1%|
|Differently-abled||4 % ( Across All Categories)|
Features of Amma Scooter Scheme
- This Amma Scooter Scheme has been launched to empower working women.
- Under the scheme, the applicant will provide subsidy to those who are eligible.
- Applicants can purchase any 2-wheeler of their choice up to a maximum engine capacity of 125cc.
- The beneficiaries will be selected by the selection committees. Commissioner in case of Chennai city and District Collector for other districts.
- Applicant can take loan from bank / non-banking finance companies. In such cases, after verification from the selection committee, the application will be forwarded to the bank or financial institution of the applicant’s choice.
- If the applicant wishes to purchase from the fund itself, the subsidy amount will be directly transferred to the beneficiary’s bank account after presenting proof of purchase of the vehicle.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Eligibility Criteria
To avail this scheme, you have to fulfil the given eligibility criteria as follows-
- Women should engage individually or collectively as a group for livelihood activity / wage employment.
- If the applicant has to travel long distances to work, then they will be considered eligible for this scheme.
- Women’s earnings should be the primary source of income for the family.
- The following women are also eligible-
- Women registered as workers in organized and non-organized sectors.
- Women working in shops and establishments.
- Self-employed women engage in petty trades or otherwise women working in-
- Government-aided organization
- Private institute
- Government projects
- Community-based organizations – Panchayat level unions (PLF) Village Poverty Prevention Committees (VPRC), Mavatta Makkal Kattral Mayyam (Makmai), either on consolidated pay or daily payor on contract employment.
- Banking correspondent/banking facilitator and ASHA worker.
- The applicant should be a native and be a resident of Tamil Nadu.
- Applicants must be between 18 and 40 years of age to apply under this scheme.
- Applicant must have learned driving, otherwise, he will not be eligible for this scheme.
- Applicant must have a valid Two Wheeler / Learner License Registration (LLR) at the time of applying.
- The annual income of the beneficiary should not exceed Rs. 2,50,000.
- Only one female beneficiary is eligible to receive 3 benefits in a family
- Applicant should have appeared for class 8th examination (passed/failed).
- Priority will be given to the applicant:
- Working women living in remote places
- mountainous areas
- Women’s home
- Uninhabited women
- Destitute widow
- Different types of women
- Unmarried women are over 35 years of age
- SC / ST
Following documents are required to apply under this scheme-
- Proof of age (18 to 40) / date of birth
- Proof of residence such as-
- EPIC Card
- driving license
- Aadhar Card
- Utility bill etc. in the name of the applicant
- Driving License / Learner License Registration (LLR) issued by competent authority
- Income certificate issued by employer / self certification
- Proof of employment issued by employer / organization / project head / society in case of salary / salaried employment.
- Aadhaar card.
- Proof of educational qualification / attendance for the eighth-grade examination (transfer certificate, SSLC, etc.)
- Passport size photo
- Proof of establishing priority category membership wherever applicable
- Community certificate (in case of SC / ST category)
- Separate identity card issued by the competent authority
- Quotation / Pro-Forma Challan of the vehicle.
Amma Scooter Scheme Online Application Procedure
In case you full fill the eligibility criteria given above; you can apply by following the given steps.
- The application form will be made available free of cost to the applicant in all block offices, urban local bodies offices, and collectorate.
- Apart from this, you can also download the application form through the website.
- No application fee will be charged from the applicant for the form.
- The applications will be filled and submitted to the respective Block Offices / Urban Local Bodies (ULB).
- Information can be submitted in person or by registered / speed post by entering information in the application form.
- A serial application running within ULB / RLB will be followed by a unique application number in each application form with ULB / RLB code.
- You have required to click on the link and download the subsidy form on your device .
- You have enter the application number.
- Now enter the personal details.
- Enter the vehicle registration details and bank details
- Finally, sign the subsidy claim form
- Make sure that you get the signature of the bank
Through our website, you have provided all the important information related to Amma Two Wheeler Scheme. If even after this you are facing any kind of problem, then you can solve all your problems by contacting the helpline number. You can get help through the following helpline numbers and email IDs-
- Mother Teresa Women’s Complex-I Floor, ValluvarKottam High Road, Nugambakkam, Chennai-600 034, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Ph: 91-44-28173412
- Fax: 91-44-28173409
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org