Delhi Ration Card is a multi-purpose legal document through which the holder can avail various schemes and subsidy based facilities in Delhi. Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department (GNCT), Delhi has been Providing E-Ration Card facility for the year 2019-20. The purpose of issuing e-ration cards by Delhi government is to provide subsidy based food grains and other facilities to eligible people by eliminating duplicate and fake ration cards. In this article, you will be provided with the information about the Delhi Ration Card 2019-20 application process, eligibility criteria and necessary documents.
Purpose of Delhi E-ration Card
Ration cards are mainly used to get subsidized food grains and other essential items from the fair price shops set by the government. Apart from this, Delhi ration card is used as an important legal document in India, with the help of which you can take advantage of various schemes. Residents of the state are advised by Delhi government to keep ration cards. Ration card is used as a useful document for online application of various other identity cards and certificates such as Domicile Certificate, Income Certificate, Drivers License, Voter ID Card, and PAN Card.
Benefits of Ration Card Delhi
Some of the benefits of ration card are as follows: –
- In obtaining food items at subsidized prices from fair price shops as prescribed by the government
- To take advantage of various schemes implemented by the central and state government
- Ration card is useful in the application of various types of identity documents.
- Ration cards are used to apply for many certificates like Domicile Certificate, Income Certificate, Drivers License, and PAN Card.
- Ration cards are often used by those living below the poverty line.
- Three types of ration cards have been made mandatory by the Government of India, through which citizens can avail.
Types of Ration Card
Ration cards are issued by the Delhi government according to the families of different income groups in the state. The total population of NCT of Delhi is categorized as appropriate supply and distribution of SFA and kerosene oil.
- Above Poverty Line (APL):- APL Card (White Color) is issued to families with income above Rs. 100000.
- Below Poverty Line (BPL):- APL cards (Pink Color) are issued to families with income below Rs 24,200.
- Antyodya Anna Yojana (AAY):- Landless laborers, marginal farmers, artisans, crafts men, widows, sick persons, illiterate, disabled adults with no means of subsistence fall under this category.
As per the notification issued by the Delhi Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department (GNCT), every family under the Delhi Government is eligible to get a ration card. The cards will be distributed to all the families according to their economic condition and needs. The eldest woman will be made head of the family in the National Food Security Card.
The details of required documents for Delhi Ration Card online/offline application is as follows: –
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID Card
- Income Certificate
- Passport size photo of all family members
All Citizens Of Delhi Can Also Submit Applications Related To Ration Card Services And National Food Security, Offline At The Nearest Circle Offices Of Food And Supplies Department.
Procedure to Apply For the Delhi Ration Card
You can apply for a new ration card by following the steps mentioned below: –
- First of all, you have to visit the Official Website of the Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs (GNCT of Delhi).
- To apply for a new ration card, you have to login on the official portal. If you have registered on the portal, you can login.
- After this, you have to click on the application form under the Food Safety Act (NFSA).
- In the next step, the ration card application form will appear in front of you, here you will have to upload all your related details and available documents. After this, you have to click on the “Apply Online” link.
- In this way your Delhi Ration Card online application will be completed.
Delhi Ration Card Offline Application Procedure
For offline application of Delhi Ration Card, you have to follow the following steps:-
- To apply for a new ration card, you have to visit your nearest Circle office.
- In the Circle Office, you have to take the offline application form for the new ration card from the concerned officer.
- You can also download this application form through the official website, its link is given below.
- Now you have to provide details of all your related information in the application form. After this you have to attach all the documents with the form.
- The clerk will issue you an acknowledgment receipt after checking all the information given by you and the attached documents.
- In this way your offline Delhi Ration Card application process will be completed.
Online Application Status
All those who have applied for the Delhi Ration Card can check their ration card status through online. If your ration card is successfully created, you will be able to see all the details.
- First of all go to the official website through the given link
- Now you have to click on the link of “Search” by providing information about Aadhar number, NFS contribution number and related details of new ration card.
Download E Ration Card
All those applicants whose ration card has been successfully issued can download their E Ration Card by following a few steps through online:-
- Go to the Official Website.
- After this, you will have to provide some information like: – Ration card number, name of head of household, etc.
- After this, you click on the link of “Continue“.
- Now you will get an OTP on the registered mobile number, which will be downloaded in PDF format on E Ration Card.
Quick Links –
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Delhi Ration Card Status||Click Here|
|Get E Ration Card Online||Click Here|