Swayam NPTEL is a program launched by the Government of India whose main objective is to provide the best education and resources to all. Swayam is known as an abbreviation for Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds Full Form. It is designed to achieve access, equity, and quality to the three dimensions of education policy.
The Swayam program of the Government of India works to bridge the distance from the education of students who are still untouched by the digital revolution. This portal will work to connect the youth in the mainstream of the economy through the Knowledge Fund. The main objective of this portal is to provide the best education to the deprived sections of society.
Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds, known as Swayam, is a self-made IT platform. This IT platform provides an opportunity for the youth to participate in all the courses taught in classes anywhere, anytime. These courses prepared by the best teachers in India have been provided free in the country.
Swayam NPTEL Online Courses @swayam.gov.in/
The Swayam program has been initiated by the Government of India in collaboration with the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and NPTEL. This program is providing better education opportunities to the youth across the country. IIT Madras, Google Inc and Persistent Systems Ltd have been the pioneers in the implementation of this program.
Courses are provided free of charge for permanent residents residing in India under this program. Under this program, 80000 hours of learning material is available in more than 2000 courses. Here you can get tuition in undergraduate, postgraduate, engineering, law and other professional courses through various courses.
What is offered at SWAYAM Courses?
The Swayam program, an initiative of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, has been launched with the objective of achieving quality education. It is India’s indigenous national MOOC platform. It offers close to 2,150 courses to over 1,300 instructors from more than 135 Indian universities.
Through this program launched in 2014, anytime, anywhere in India, the courses taught in the classroom can be easily accessed. Under this program, more than 2,150 courses from 1,300 instructors from more than 135 Indian universities can be easily accessed through websites and apps. All these courses are available free to residents in India.
Overview of Swayam NPTEL Learning Courses
|Launch Date||Year 2017|
|Objective||Ensuring course availability through the digital medium|
National Coordinator of SWAYAM
To ensure the production and distribution of the best quality material throughout India, seven national coordinators have been appointed. Here we are providing you all the brief information.
- UGC for post-graduation education
- CEC for under-graduate education
- NCERT for school education
- NIOS for school education
- NPTEL for engineering
- IGNOU for out of the school students and
- IIMB for management studies
- National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR) for the teacher training program
- AICTE for Annual Refresher Programme in Teaching for faculty of the Engineering/University/ Institutions
How to Access Courses in Swayam NPTEL
You can make it easy to access online courses under the Swayam program with the easy steps given below.
- First, visit swayam.gov.in/
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the option of SIGN-IN / Register given in the upper part.
- After this, a new page will open in front of you. Here you will be asked to log in. You have to click on the option of Sign-Up Now below.
- Now you have to enter your name, password and email id and click on Send Verification Code.
- Next, you have to verify yourself on the website by entering the Verification Code received on your registered email id.
Now you will be able to easily access all the courses available on the Swayam portal.
Swayam Mobile App
You can also make it easy to access all free courses by installing Swayam mobile app, for this you have to follow the given steps.
- First, go to Google Play Store
- Here you have to search for Swayam in the search bar.
- Now click on the first result and install the app.
Features of Swayam Online Courses
Here we are mentioning the benefits of online courses of Swayam launched in collaboration with the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- SWAYAM is a program launched by the Government of India under a change in education policy.
- This program will help underprivileged youth to get the best education and resources.
- With the help of this program, the youth of rural areas will be able to support the development of society by increasing their knowledge during the era of the digital revolution.
- Swayam NPTEL is designed to achieve access, equity, and quality to all under the educational system.
- Through this home-based IT platform, the knowledge taught in classes can be obtained anywhere, anytime, anywhere in India.
- The courses available under this program are completely free for every citizen residing in India.
- Google Inc. by IIT Madras And in collaboration with Persistent Systems Ltd, this program has covered more than 2000 courses.
- 80000 hours of learning material has been provided in the Government of India Swayam program.
- Undergraduate, postgraduate, engineering, law and other professional courses can be studied in this program.
We hope that you will definitely find information related to SWAYAM beneficial. In this article, we have tried to answer all the questions you ask.
If you still have questions related to this article then you can ask us through comments. In addition, you can also bookmark our website.